Thursday, April 04, 2013

SMITTEN WITH THE SUN

Photo by S. Auberle


in Springtime we are all
smitten with the sun--

the orchid basking in my window    
a few leftover snowflakes

that black devil of a squirrel
emptying my bird feeder

North Koreans rattling their sabers
the waning moon high at noon

suicide bombers
red sheets on the clothesline

            sometimes I wonder
            if God might be the Sun

            shining on everyone
            deservedly or not

            even the warmongers
            and that damn squirrel
                           ~mimi

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Beautiful and edgy and humorous.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

Hi Linda,
and thanks!
Sharon61

7:47 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

and I have no idea why there is a
"61" after my name!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home