Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HOORAY, SPRING!

Photo by S. Auberle--"Morning Rose"
Even a dried rose looks beautiful in this new sun...

So I'm sitting out on the porch this morning, soaking up sun for the first time in months.  Birds are tentatively singing as if they are afraid to bring notice to themselves, roof gutters are running with water music and I am blissing out.  I glance down at the porch stones and watch a cricket crawl out from wherever she's been hiding all winter.  The effort seems to exhaust her and she appears to be doing just what I am--stretching out in the sun.  She doesn't move for the longest time and neither do I.  Finally, I get up to go in the house, which seems to startle the cricket and she springs up in (for her) a giant leap.   And I think we are both smiling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home