Monday, February 15, 2010

FORTUNE COOKIE

Photo by S. Auberle
Okay, so this morning, lying in bed, these words pop into my head, seemingly from nowhere, but now I wonder if there isn't some wise old Oriental sage running around in there, who knew that this morning I was going to find out that yet again, I didn't win the $2,000 prize for a poem that I was hoping for, and yet again, I was going to get disgusted, which is, of course, ridiculous, especially when it comes to poetry contests, but nevertheless, I keep on, and so one more time I didn't win, but here's the kicker...out of all the prizes--$2,000; bunches of $200 and $100 dollar categories, I was included in the very next category DOWN, some "Very Highly Commended" or some such thing, which includes not a penny of cash...so here's the words that just preceded this rather annoying start to my day:
any path
wisely trusted
will succeed
(sounds like a fortune cookie and I didn't even get to eat one...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Oh dear, not a penny for my favorite poet. I know that doesn't count as a "prize" but still, it counts as something wonderful don't cha think? Highly commended is pretty darn good. At least it's not condemned. Love you ANYWAY, Linda

1:39 PM  
Blogger Sharon Auberle said...

thanks Linda, and you're absolutely right...
oh well, back to the drawing board.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home