Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BEAR

























Photo by S. Auberle

BEAR
"Do we even know
who and where we are?
We are human seekers
peekin' through the glass..."
- Warren Nelson
It's a bear kind of morning,
waves of yellow and purple flowers
whispering in foggy bogs,
loons calling
it's a bear kind of morning,
all that thick, misty, green
light, bear light,
there--starting to cross the road,
last year's cub
I brake,
he stares for a moment,
then circles back into the trees.
Do we even know
who and where we are?
That bear might know
more than me,
might not even be a bear
on this bear kind of morning,
might be Spirit in fur coat,
shapeshifter
shaman
Tecumseh, Crazy Horse
Mother Theresa, the BuddhaBear
Henry the VIII, Jesus the Christ
my mother,
because anything's possible
you know, don't you?
On a bear kind of morning...
- mimi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 96 degrees in the house on the mountain. A bear comes each night to sit in the small 100 gallon stock tank and cool off. I wish I knew who it was so I could join it.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home