Sunday, August 26, 2007

BECOMING EVOLVED


Photo by S. Auberle
"Many psychologists have speculated the evolved spirit does not become married to any particular viewpoint." This intriguing statement is from a wonderful newsletter called Robert GennTwice Weekly Letter, a newsletter for artists, but all can be applied to any of the artistic paths. I highly recommend it. If you're interested, contact him at robert@theodigitalgallery.com
But back to the original statement which has me pondering. Alright, I have numerous viewpoints in my life: I'm against the war, all wars; I'm for peace; eagles (thus the photo); healing the earth; the importance of meditation, music and poetry; arts taught in schools; and on and on. You get the picture. I don't want to weaken my attachment to any of them. So I guess you could say I'm "married" to my viewpoints.
Now I'm supposed to divorce them? I certainly would like to consider myself on the path to becoming evolved,though, doubtless, that will take many more lives to reach my goal. Couldn't my viewpoints and I just be "engaged?" Okay, no. How about going steady? I could wear their rings around my neck. Go out on warm summer nights and...oops, getting off the point here.
Not even that? Alright, alright, I'll settle for kissin' cousins, best buds. But don't EVER tell me I have to change my viewpoint on war. Peace and I will NEVER divorce. Therefore, I may never evolve.
So be it...
- mimi

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Hodder said...

No need to evolve when you're right! Although, in a sense, once you become detached from everything, as the Buddhists teach, then there's no longer any conflict ANYWAY, since conflict comes from clashing viewpoints and grasping after things that are intrinsically empty.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Sharon Auberle said...

much as I believe in the Buddhist way of life there are times I have trouble wrapping around it--such as this, and then there's those ants and mice in my house...sentient beings, don't ya know???????

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home