Wednesday, April 18, 2007

POND IN EARLY SPRING




















Digitally enhanced photo by S. Auberle

No, this is NOT the snake referred to in the poem, it's just
a photo I've wanted to post for some time, and
couldn't find something to go with it...
POND IN EARLY SPRING
A tender green mist
embraces the aspen,
shyly, as if a frisky wind
might frighten it away.
The dandelions are a little timid,
a little scared that their yellow
is not yet bold enough.
Diving ducks don't care.
They're sturdy, brave
and efficient,
but the brown snake
wonders, as she watches me,
too soon? the grass
does not quite hide my passing...
Prairie dogs are scolding me,
racing back to their bumpy burrows
but I'm forgetting
the troubles of this world,
glorying in the snake,
the green mist, the yellow flowers,
this little Eden
of poetry and birdsong
and duckpoop
stuck to the ecstatic sole
of my shoe.
- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home