Friday, March 16, 2007

AND A FINE ST. PADDY'S DAY TO ALL


























Photo by W. Lowe

Faith and begorra, it's me, in Ireland, awaiting my

turn to kiss the Blarney stone.


OH IF I WASN'T A MARRIED LADY
I'd walk into O'Gorman's Matchmaker Pub
and order me a poet--one of those
black Irish kind with sooty blue eyes
and long hair a-tossin' down his back
with a voice that could charm the sun
back to Ireland and we'd find us
a place where we wouldn't hear
the cows and sheep needin' to be fed
or the teakettle on the hearth
or the priest a-knockin' at the door
wantin' to discuss the wages of sin.
We'd listen to only the rain
and sing a teary ballad or two,
write all over each other
poems the whole night through.
- mimi
Pionta Guiness, le do thoil...
(a pint of Guiness, please)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home