Monday, May 15, 2006

DAVID





















Photo/collage by S. Auberle

"People say that what we're seeking
is a meaning for life. I don't think that's
really what we're seeking. I think that
what we're seeking is an experience
of being alive, so that we actually feel
the rapture of being alive."

- Joseph Campbell

I know the picture has nothing to do with
the quote. I just like the picture and the
quote. And since my muse, blue or otherwise,
has not visited in awhile, I'm just rambling here,
filling the blank blog, in the hopes that some
muse out there will see fit to swoop down and
lend some inspiration. And, come to think of it,
why do I assume he or she will come "down?"
Why not "up," from the depths of me? Why do
we say "falling in love?" Why not rising in love?

There are some who believe the "rapture" is
coming. That we, those of us worthy enough,
they say, will rise up in rapture. I say Joseph
knew what he was talking about. We're all
worthy and the rapture is now.

Amen, brothers and sisters...

- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home