Saturday, October 06, 2012

HAD TO DO IT

Photo by S. Auberle

I know, you've seen a thousand photos already of autumn...but forgive me, please, I just had to add another one...and a little poem.  Not sure I'm ready to return to Mimi's yet, but maybe...anyway, thanks for looking in again...

 
FIRST EVENING OF AUTUMN
 
how we put a squash
in the oven to roast
 
along with pork and apples
then walked hand in hand
 
beside the bay's teal waters
how the waves sang
 
and a north country
wind blew brisk
 
how the season changed
with one swoop
 
of Basho's crow
through brittle leaves
~mimi


3 Comments:

Blogger Ralph Murre said...

awwww . . .
You CAN go home again, if only for a visit.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Love this one Sharon. I think it's because all my senses were invited in such a few words.
thanks

6:54 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thanks, Jeanne and Ralph...

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home