Monday, September 03, 2012

SABBATICAL

Photo by R. Murre

After six and a half years on this blog, I find myself in need of new inspiration.  A sabbatical seems to be the answer for now, both for my poetry and photography, which will, hopefully, provide new ideas and direction.  I may post a photo that particularly speaks to me from time to time, or a quote or poem, but no regular posts.  I hope you will all continue to seek out and share the beauty of this magnificent world, and carry on the work for peace and the planet by connecting through the arts.  As poet Mary Oliver says, be ignited or be gone...  For now, I need to re-ignite my fire...
 
Sharon Auberle

7 Comments:

Blogger Ralph Murre said...

Say it ain't so, MiMi!
I think we all understand, though, and owe you a debt of gratitude for the vast sea of beautiful work you've shown us at the Cafe.
Now go catch fire, and hurry back!
~ R.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thanks, Ralph, and I'll do my best...

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Hirsch said...

I have enjoyed your Blog the past three years, Sharon, and will especially miss your collage art work. Whatever and wherever your journey, I hope it's a short one and you'll be back giving me more inspiration soon.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thank you, Mary, and I always enjoy the good words and recipes on yours as well!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Kris said...

Visions of the leaves blowing across the porch of the Whistle Stop Cafe. I'll miss the fried green tomatoes and all your lovely wisdom.When you get back from the fire, I'll hope to see that OPEN sign in the window again.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thanks, Kris...i'm taking a week long photo retreat/seminar at Bjorklunden this week, with a favorite photographer--Suzanne Rose, so that might help to relight my fire. (don't know about the wisdom part)..

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home