Friday, April 20, 2012

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN

Photo by S. Auberle

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN 
from the day I was born
it was love
that would do me in
and these Spring trees
dressed in that tender shade
of green that could break
your heart if you let it
a lone daffodil
blooming at the edge
of dark woods
vulnerable
and doesn't know it
or maybe so
and doesn't care
my tulips, brave
red soldiers this morning
covered in snow
a north wind
bending them low
some days
it's almost more
than I can bear
all this love
all your love

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem.

Ruth Bavetta

8:16 AM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thanks, Ruth...

8:40 AM  
Blogger Cathleen H. said...

That's really pretty, Sharon.
A spring poem, a love poem, a pleasure to read poem.
Cathleen

5:34 PM  
Blogger Mimi's Golightly Cafe said...

thanks, Cathleen, it's one of those "gift" poems that just sort of wrote itself...
Sharon

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home