Tuesday, May 13, 2008

IN SEARCH OF THE ELEGANT TROGON

In case anyone is wondering, I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth...yet. Though there are some pretty high places here in the Chiricauhua Wilderness, which is where I am and why I'm not blogging.

The scenery is spectacular and even the weather is cooperating with a "cold" front moving through making this corner of Arizone quite cool.

Anyway, we--my mate and I (he's a birder-wannabe) are in search of the Elegant Trogon, one of the most tropical birds found in the U.S.--gorgeous bird--size of, and looks like, a parrot in his elegant coat of red, white, green and black.

We are here in this funky little town of Portal, (just east of Paradise) which consists of about 15 houses, one general store and people from all over the world in search of this bird...

Stay tuned...
- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home