Tuesday, April 22, 2008

COSMIC


Digital collage by S. Auberle
Please don't ask the meaning of this image. I have no idea. It may be a Cosmic Message meant to save the Masses--regarding the universality of joy and sorrow.
Then again, it may be simply what it is--the virtual scribblings of a slightly derangedwriter (I believe that's an oxymoron) who will go to any lengths to avoid tackling a rewrite on which she is stuck.
Poet Billy Collins says poets spend most of their time by a window, productively or not, so I go there--watch a dark object in the orchard which turns out to be a wild turkey. Consider Wild Turkey. Don't. Throw together a pot of posole for dinner. Fill the birdfeeders. Consider raking old grasses and weeds. Don't. Admire stones I found on the beach yesterday. Curse computer for deleting this post before I can save it. Do it over.
Finally, step out into warm April sunshine, enjoy spring. While I can. Before the rains come...
- mimi

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo A. T.B. said...

I like your collage, it's amazing the different art you can create.
I miss my photoshop, it is on my old computer, such a pain to go back and forth on two computers. The old program will not load on my new computer. Yes we must enjoy spring before the rain comes, expecting rain here for the next week. Yuk! But we need for our beautiful flowers coming! :)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sharon! I hope you don't mind but I had been thinking of you and your family and was wondering how everyone was doing. I came back to your blog only to find this beautiful image! I, for one, LOVE IT and would be honored to display it in my home! I'm not sure that is even possible but it speaks volumes to me. Any chance I could get a print of it? I hope you are all well and please let me know if you're ever in San Diego. Hugs, Julie

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home