Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TAKIN' A BREAK















Photo by S. Auberle

Off to ride bikes, play ball and endless games,
visit the zoo--all the fun things you get to do
when you're playin' grandma for a few days.
New pictures, new poems, new view of the world:
from down on the floor. Back in a week...

Here's a love poem for my granddaughter:

HER FACE

for Grace

I tell you her skin is a blush of gold,
the hue of certain Mediterranean shells,
and angels dance in the halo
of her sun-tipped hair.
You will, I promise, lose yourself
in the ancient pools of her eyes
and there remember
all the joys and sorrows of your life.
Beneath those smoky eyes
a dark line rims her lashes,
and I wonder how it came to be,
uncommon in a two year old face,
sophisticated, as if the Artist
who placed it there was listening
to Persian love poetry,
a Mozart concerto,
or a reborn soul
whispering in his ear:
in this lifetime
make me irresistible...

- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home