Monday, March 10, 2008

AMONG RUINS

























"Riverhouse" Ruin - Photo by S. Auberle

I may have posted this poem before, if so, I apologize. But just ran across it again, liked it, and decided to post it.

AMONG RUINS
Once in awhile, out in the desert,
comes a day when anything can happen.
A day when you lose yourself
in that pool of light just at the horizon,
when you can see time
running backward in a lizard's eye,
a day when a voice seems to murmur
from crumbling hilltop ruins:
approach with respect
the land you tread on
was once my bones...
Comes a day when stones speak
and you understand,
a day when you know Coyote knows,
a day when old pottery buried in the earth
fills your heart with words:
look, the sky is round above you
like my red bowl
like time in its circle
like the Earth
holding all our bones...
- mimi

1 Comments:

Blogger Ralph Murre said...

Excellent! and I don't believe we've seen it before. - R.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home