Thursday, January 03, 2008

FOGELBERG


Album Cover
"...every time you think you've got it straight, you fall."
- Dan Fogelberg
"Hard to Say" - from The Innocent Age
I first heard the music of Dan Fogelberg in 1980 during a life painting class in Marietta, Ohio. The professor was a fan of Fogelberg, and would often play his album, "Innocent Age" as we worked.
the smell of paint, the shivering model, snowy nights and the bittersweet music...
After class I'd go out into the dark of that old river town, Fogelberg's songs flowing through my head, and I would want to cry at the beauty of it all.
Now, twenty-eight years later, I don't paint any better. I'm just as likely to cry at beauty as I did then, maybe even more so, as the years wind down. I miss those great rivers--the Muskingum and the Ohio--and the friends there, gone too soon.
I know a lot more than I did then. And a lot less.
His words make me see that's okay too.
In Memoriam: Dan Fogelberg
1951 - 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home