Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dia de Los Muertos

























Digitally altered image by S. Auberle

"In earth, in blood, in mind,
the dead and living into each other pass."
- Wendell Berry
On this Halloween night I was going to post a poem about my father from a work in progress
entitled "Dancing in the Dark," about the stormy marriage of my parents. I had the entire post typed, including describing a strange happening that occurred when I was typing the very first draft of the poem, some months ago. The first three lines read as follows:
Dia de Los Muertos--day of the dead
when the veil, they say,
is thinnest between our worlds.
Every time I typed these three lines they would convert into "bold" without my touching that key. The words stood out bright and black on the hard copy. It was very strange, to say the least. And now, tonight, after I had finished the entire post and was editing it, including the full poem, it completely disappeared. Needless to say, this could be a result of my computer ineptitude, but I think perhaps I'll pass on sharing this poem tonight. I'll let you know when the book comes out.
(if it ever does...)
- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home