Wednesday, January 31, 2007

NEUTRON DANCE





















Does anybody miss dancing as much as I do?
It struck me this morning, listening to the Pointer Sisters while exercising, how very, very much I miss it. On my elliptical (the most boring machine ever invented) my legs were remembering when moving was FUN! I am definitely my parents' child. Dancing was both their lives and it was mine, up till about the age of thirty when life got in the way. Yeah, it was nobody's fault but my own. I could have kept on dancing, it just slipped down the priority list. Till now, and my little trip down nostalgia lane--remembering the hot, sweaty nights of dancing till you dropped. Dirty John's Triangle Inn, the Crystal Ballroom, any little bar that had a wooden square big enough for a cool guy to swing you on, it didn't matter. And the music, oh the music--we were there--at the birth of rock n' roll and sorry folks, but it just doesn't get any better than that.
Did you watch Dancing with the Stars? I loved that show, and ordinarily I hate reality TV, but this one got me hooked and smooth, cool Emmitt Smith...
Today, before I knew it, the forty exercise minutes were up. About every other song I'd gotten off that boring machine and danced! And I was just getting started. Didn't know how old I was, didn't care. Felt like eighteen again.
Tango lessons, anyone?
Hello, Emmitt?
- mimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home